Despite recent UI updates and changes, many businesses wrestle with GA4's limitations and seek more tailored analytics solutions. You're likely experiencing similar levels of pain and frustration with Google Analytics. Drawing on insights from industry experts, including a detailed analysis by Fluid Commerce, this article explores the pros and cons of GA4. This article also looks into effective alternatives for those ready to switch.
Why Look for GA4 Alternatives?
The decision to explore GA4 alternatives often stems from a need for more intuitive data analysis tools, greater customisation capabilities, and solutions that offer detailed insights without compromising on data privacy or user experience. Businesses seek platforms that can not only match but exceed the functionalities of GA4, providing clear, actionable data to drive decision-making and growth.
What does GA4 get right?
- Cross-Platform Tracking: GA4 excels in tracking user journeys across websites and apps, providing a unified view of customer interactions.
- Event-Based Model: It focuses on events rather than sessions, offering a more flexible approach to understanding user actions.
- Predictive Analytics: GA4 introduces predictive metrics, such as potential revenue from specific customer segments, leveraging machine learning to forecast trends.
- Steep Learning Curve: The shift to an event-based model and a new interface can be daunting for users accustomed to Universal Analytics.
- Data Sampling and Limitations: Concerns have been raised about GA4's approach to data sampling and the imposed limits on data granularity and historical depth.
- Integration and Customisation Challenges: Some users find difficulty integrating GA4 with existing systems or customising it to fit their unique business needs.
Top GA4 Replacement Options
Insightech helps you find where and understand why website visitors are struggling to convert. Examples include entering the wrong coupon code into a checkout field or encountering a bug/error from an application form feature not working correctly. Insightech provides clear actionable insights to enhance user experience and conversion rates. There's a suite of tools, including performance dashboards, real-time error reports, page load speed analysis and regular training and workshops to help customers become successful and find value quickly. These make Insightech a great alternative to GA4. Check out the pricing here.
Ideal for large enterprises, Adobe Analytics offers insights into digital behaviors, with robust segmentation and real-time analytics capabilities. Here's an article covering 20 ways to integrate Adobe Analytics solutions for success in 2024.
Amplitude is a product analytics service that provides companies with insights into user behaviour on their digital products. It allows businesses to track user interactions across websites and mobile apps, helping them understand how users engage with their products. By analysing this data, companies can identify trends, measure the impact of changes or features, and make data-driven decisions to improve user experience and product performance.
Fathom Analytics is a privacy-focused web analytics tool that offers website owners a way to track and analyse visitor behaviour. It's primary value proposition is around protecting user privacy.
With a strong focus on event tracking and user engagement, Mixpanel is perfect for those prioritising detailed analysis of product interactions.
Piwik PRO (Matomo)
For businesses concerned with privacy, Piwik PRO offers a GDPR-compliant analytics solution that doesn't sacrifice depth of insight for data protection.
Make the Transition Today
While GA4 offers significant advancements in digital analytics, its limitations prompt a search for alternatives that better align with specific business requirements. By considering the unique features and benefits of platforms like Adobe Analytics, Mixpanel, Heap, Piwik PRO, and Insightech, businesses can choose a solution that not only addresses the shortcomings of GA4 but also propels their digital strategy forward.
Additional Free Resources
- How GA4 Data Sampling Works
- Simplify Interaction Tracking in GA4 with Enhanced Measurement + Insightech
- Understanding Data Sampling in GA4 and Its Impact on Digital Product Owners in Insurance and Financial Services
- 43 Adobe Analytics 2024 Integrations (by use case)
- Want to learn more about how Insightech's integration works with Adobe Analytics? We've got a blog here that you might find helpful.
- Ready to explore your options for digital experience insights? Our team is happy to answer your questions. Please use our Ask a Question form.
- Prefer an intro demo of Insightech to see for yourself how easy it is to find missed revenue opportunities on your website? Schedule a demo here.
Free eBook: Comprehensive guide to navigating the complex process of website re-platforming.
- Identifying Limitations of the Current Platform
- Aligning Re-platforming Goals with Business Strategy
- Conducting a Comprehensive UX, Marketing and Tech Audit
- Questions to consider when analysing your site’s digital experience